LONG TERM CARE UNIT
Geka Wigwam Domicile
P.O. Box 35, Cutler, ON P0P 1B0
Geka Wigwam Staff
Cindy Pelletier, Long Term Care Administrator, Ext: 431, email@example.com
Elaine Toulouse, Long Term Care Domicile Nurse Supervisor, Ext: 432
Delilah Landriault, Cook, Ext: 433
Rose Wemigwans, Housekeeper
Michael Jacobs, Assisted Living Technician
Andrew Meawasige, Maintenance Worker
Bill Coolihan, PSW
Brenda Meawasige, PSW
Florance Paibomsai, PSW
Francine Fritz, PSW
Kathy Mandigo, PSW
Tina Joncas, PSW
Naomi Southwind, PSW
Cindy Meawasige, HCW
Pauline Moore, HCW
To deliver Long Term Care support and services to Serpent River First Nation aging and disabled population (citizens) in a manner that gives dignity and hope to our senior citizen populations/Elders.
The goals of the Community Awareness Unit are to:
- Provide a range of Long term Care, Home & Community Care Program and Community Support Services to Serpent River First Nation seniors, frail elderly and disabled
- Explore options and opportunities that look at the expansion of services that will address the needs of the increasing aging population to come
- Facilitate ongoing review of the current policies and procedures for Long Term Care and Geka Wigwam
- Ensure access to transportation specifically to elders and for other operations within the Long Term Care Program
- Establish support systems for front-line staff for various issues and concerns (for example, death or stress in the workplace)
- Ensure that the Long Term Care Program has safe, updated and new equipment
- Support implementation of the Resolution: Honouring Our Elders: An Anishinabek Nation Strategy for Elders Advocacy and Oversight
GOAL 1: To ensure the sustainability of an effective and efficient Long Term Care program for Serpent River First Nation.
Objective 1.1: To develop a comprehensive integrated model of Long Term Care service delivery for the Senior and Aging population.
Objective 1.2: To enhance human resources to meet the growing needs of the aging population.
Objective 1.3: To enhance infrastructure of the LTC program.
Objective 1.4: To invest in an ongoing communication strategy to share the successes, strengths and accurate information regarding the opportunities offered by the LTC program.
Objective 1.5: To pursue accreditation of the Long Term Care program.
Objective 1.6: To expand LTC services to provide hospice and convalescent care for the aging population in the NTSC area.